Thursday, 2 January 2014

Walking on water ....... not quite!



So here's 2014 and I haven't made ANY resolutions, not because I'd fail hopelessly before the week was out, but because in the past they been mostly negative - you know, 'This year I'm going to stop/give up doing xxxxx.....'

This year I'm opting to take time and 'enjoy' the journey and aim for quality of life. I'm fed up hearing so many people bragging about what they've achieved and then reflecting on what I HAVEN'T managed to do (it sounds like the Anglican General Confession: "I have done those things which I ought not to have done, and I have left undone those things which I ought to have done, and there is no health in me....' !)

To that end, I joined DD this afternoon to resume our previously-frequent walks down through the fields near her house. As you can see, the path petered out.......! And neither of us can quite manage to walk on water ;-p

We knew the fields themselves might be under water -  this was the view as we approached:

Then we got a bit closer.....
.....until all we could do was gaze across the rippling water that had obliterated our path!

Oh well, there's always tomorrow.......probably have a flock of Canada geese sailing by!




12 comments:

  1. You made a start...that's a GOOD thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Cathy - our 'snow' is in liquid format! ;-p Anyway, you can keep the 'white stuff' across your side of the 'pond', if you please!

      Delete
  3. We all have an excess of water it seems. Ours is 9 inches of snow and falling. No fun to walk through, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are beautiful. What a lovely thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If at first you don't succeed try try again. Very nice shots Sue, we are experiencing freezing temps in Texas so winter is here...that pond would be frozen!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely more walks this year. No swimming. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daddy always says if a person is living the way they're supposed to be living, there's no need to make resolutions they aren't going to keep anyway.
    I much prefer goals and plans -grin-.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent point! This year I'm aiming for quality of life and enjoying the 'journey'! Thanks for stopping by! ;-)

      Delete
  8. Daddy always says if a person is living the way they're supposed to be living, there's no need to make resolutions they aren't going to keep anyway.
    I much prefer goals and plans -grin-.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not crazy about resolutions either, Sue. That's why I've never made any. :) Do I know myself or what? Ha.

    It isn't so bad if your walk got cut short - you had plenty of lovely scenery to admire. Will that water all be gone in a few days or will you suddenly have a new lake to admire?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue .. I don't think that view will have changed much in the past 2 weeks+ ... it's really incredible how it keeps raining ..

    Have a good year and enjoy just being .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete