Saturday, 13 April 2013

A-Z 2013 'L' is for Lineages




There is something rather pleasing about a record of direct lineage through the generations. Seeing the names and details of each 'link' in the chain ties me to my ancestors, even if most of them are just names on a page.

This is the longest direct line I have recorded in my Family History search and covers 11 generations, from my 7xGreat Grandparents down to my kids!


As for the whole Family Tree - well, it's big, with many branches! I'll try to post a picture of it all before the end of this meme!

5 comments:

  1. I had to do a big genealogy thing when I was in high school. I didn't get very far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! 11 generations is amazing! Someday I will get around to researching my family. Maybe when I retire.
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eleven generations is truly remarkable, Sue. You have found out so many interesting things about your ancestors (whether you wanted to or not :)).

    I know I would be fascinated to do this for myself...I have Danish and German ancestors so there is bound to by some "skeletons" out there to find.

    Chuck at Apocalypse Now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I am first generation American, and I have gone back 4 generations on the Italian side. Now I have to travel to Italy to do the research to go further!

    Thanks for sharing...

    www.wearinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is something, truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete