Sunday, 10 February 2013

I refuse to get bogged down!

GrannySkate.jpg

No, that's not me - but I admire her pluck! And, as the post title indicates, there comes a time when you have to give up and move on and do what you want to do - NOW!

Apart from writing the odd short story (certainly some ARE odd!) I think it's fairly safe to say that the 'muse' has vaporised, as far as I'm concerned. I think I'll tuck any (fleeting) literary aspirations on a back-burner for the foreseeable future as time is against me! Clinging almost by my fingernails to my fifth decade life's getting too short to jump through all the hoops to have any work published, other than here on my blog!

So, this year (yes, I know it's February already!) I thought I'd concentrate on more 'do-able' stuff! Hence, my alter-ego The Knitting Assassin! has been taking up rather more of my time, with items on the 'go', plus getting to know other like-minded bloggers out there.

Another project I've been neglecting of late is my genealogy quest! Recently, this was spurred on with the discovery of some unknown (to me, anyway!) photographs. 


(no prizes for guessing who this is!)

Or this 'easy rider'!


(don't you just love the tartan trousers!)


So, I'll be pulling out all my genealogy research, documents, photos, random-facts-scrawled-on-scraps-of-paper and other info in order to try to untangle it all! I just need to figure out a way to put all the jigsaw-puzzle pieces of my (so far discovered) family history into some sort of cohesive and navigable whole. I know how it all fits together, but heaven help anyone else! 

In fact that gives me an idea for the April A-Z challenge ...........!

11 comments:

  1. will be joining you in the a to z again this year ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Martine! I'm still trying to work out a possible A-Z for genealogy......! :-)

      Delete
  2. I love old stories. They prove we're all full of pluck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne - there are plenty of stories in my family - what a rogue's gallery!

      Delete
  3. Hi Suze .. sounds a good project to combine with the A - Z ... and it'll be such fun to see ..

    Spring is coming and we all feel better with warmer days and longer light .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hillary - yes, nothing like a challenge! No idea what X will stand for in genealogy.......but that's April's problem! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Sue there has to be a way for you to self-publish that would shorten some of those hoops. I really enjoy your writing. Then again I may have no idea what I am talking about! Looking forward to seeing you in the A-Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuck - it's all the self-promo that puts me off, to be honest. But hey,maybe I will......! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Gosh, I've NEVER skated well enough to have on so few clothes; very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue. Love your post and zest for life. I share your passion for family history and writing. Found you on the A-Z list and plan to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, I too had a red cross outfit as a child. Thanks for the comment on Downton Abbey. I agree. Feburary is my month for paper work. Next week I have to get with it.
    Good luck with your project.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete