Sunday, 1 April 2012

APRIL A-Z 2012 'Approaching Zero' - "A...."



Last year, I signed up for the A-Z challenge with little idea of what I was going to post about. The lack of time necessitated it became an eclectic mix of all sorts of random items!

For APRIL A-Z 2012, I decided on a single theme. In fact, it's a single story, broken into 26 bite-sized chunks of precisely 100 words. Each day's instalment begins using a word starting with the current letter of the alphabet and ends with a word commencing with the letter for the following day.

I hope you like it enough to look in each day and follow the story......!



'APPROACHING ZERO'


A simple flick of her wristwatch told her he was late. Time confirmed itself as she patiently waited under the clock. The station was busy with commuters, day travellers and life in all its variety passing her by.

Still she waited, plotting all manner of retribution for his tardiness, growing more vivid and sinister with each passing minute. Slowly, anger morphed into anxiety, imagining accidents belying his delay.

Just as she turned away resigned to the time she’d already wasted, he walked hurriedly towards her and instantly she knew something was not quite right. His eyes stared at her but…..


(.....to be continued!)

29 comments:

  1. Awesome start! can't wait to read more.... I also love the picture you chose.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! Like, really, really fantastic! The story looks yummy, too. I shall be back to see what happens.
    And, just so you know, you are officially the very first blog I've looked at as part of the A-Z challenge.
    Good luck, Sue!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! I'm winging it this year due to stress and lack of time to prepare.. plus its my first year even having a blog really.. I'll be back to see how the story comes along. I'm loving the idea. also.. GORGEOUS Picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful brginning, look forward to future posts.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever! will check again tomorrow - but then I was going to anyway as you are on my "favourites" list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hooked .... waiting for B with batted breath :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll definitely be tuning in for each post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes, definitely got me hooked, a very enthralling opening passage, lots of questions, will be back to follow the story,
    thanks for sharing
    martine

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be interesting. What a wonderful way to make sure I stop by each and every day. I hope he had a good excuse to be late and it wasn't simply because he stopped for a Big Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderfully fun way to do the challenge! Can't wait to read each installment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue this is such a novel idea for the challenge...I love a good story so I am in for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, everyone! Of course - the pressure's really on now to 'deliver'! Hope the storyline turns out to be to your liking!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice start to the challenge and definately can't wait now for the next part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea...and a super way to get people returning. Well done for your out-of-the-box thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops, I forgot to sign myself as Rhia #873 in the A to Z list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute idea! And I love the pic. Love that era!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh No! I'm hooked already! Be back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic way to make sure we all return! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clever idea Sue. Got me hanging on for the next installment... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. But...?!? Oh, that's a horrible place to end. Can't wait to see where the story ends up :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea for the A to Z Challenge. Love the old photo to go with the story.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Niiiiiiice. Can't wait to read more. =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh, this is fun. I'm backtracking to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great hook to start this off :)

    Cheers, Jenn
    http://www.wine-n-chat.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great theme and I love the very appropriate title. I'm going to try to catch up to the story.

    Lee
    A Faraway View
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a brilliant idea! I'll be back to follow the plot!

    ReplyDelete
  27. okay - here goes... I won't comment on all - you'll have to trust me :-)

    ReplyDelete