Friday, 27 April 2012

APRIL A-Z 2012 'Approaching Zero' - "...Xaviera"




For APRIL A-Z 2012, I decided on a single theme. In fact, it's a single story, broken into 26 bite-sized chunks of precisely 100 words. Each day's instalment begins using a word starting with the current letter of the alphabet and ends with a word commencing with the letter for the following day.

I hope you like it enough to look in each day and follow the story.....!
(new readers, please click back to 'A' to follow the plot!)



'APPROACHING ZERO' Part 24 - '...Xaviera'



….Xaviera Santos?  She tossed that, too, from the window. The game had now changed and with it, her escape route.


Jack had been a casualty of war, a pawn sent to track down an errant Duke and Duchess. Having slipped the leash from their bodyguards in the Bahamas he’d discovered them here in Panama.

But London wasn’t merely ‘babysitting’ the Windsor’s, as Jack had thought; they were feeding them false information, hoping it would get back to Berlin.

Evie looked at her watch again and saw it was past midnight. So much had changed when Jack had met Simpson yesterday…


…..to be continued!

11 comments:

  1. SUE!
    Gawd woman, I'm gonna have to wait until I get back from my fishing trip to read the end of your series. That's TUESDAY. Well, at least I have a reason to look forward to the end of my vacay!
    Loving your series - keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOh - you'll be on tenterhooks as you paddle off on your vacation, then, Cathy!!

      Delete
  2. This is definitely one of the most interesting themes for this blogging challenge. I don't know how you work the words out so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela - spookily, most of it all just came out in a torrent; I just had to do a little fine-tuning to make it fit the parameters of length and alphabetics!

      Delete
  3. Man this is going deeper down the rabbit hole...very intriguing to the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that analogy, Chuck. But, considering the plot suggests different 'historical' facts - perhaps that should be not so much a 'rabbit hole' and a time-shifting 'worm hole'! :-o

      Delete
  4. I've been away on vacation--so I have to go back and catch up reading--before I actually read this. Just stopping by to say I'm back and hopefully will catch up your posts here shortly!!

    Cheers, Jenn
    http://www.wine-n-chat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for returning Jenn - the tale's not quite told yet....another couple of twists should do it!

      Delete
  5. I'm going to go back and catch up, but from just this post, I liked it. It's amazing how you fit the words just right.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for returning the visit, Kela - hope you enjoy this little thriller mini-series! ;-)

      Delete
  6. I will have to catch up myself... this one hundred lends itself to just a shimmer of a taste.

    ReplyDelete