Thursday, 26 April 2012

APRIL A-Z 2012 'Approaching Zero' - "...weapons"




For APRIL A-Z 2012, I decided on a single theme. In fact, it's a single story, broken into 26 bite-sized chunks of precisely 100 words. Each day's instalment begins using a word starting with the current letter of the alphabet and ends with a word commencing with the letter for the following day.

I hope you like it enough to look in each day and follow the story.....!
(new readers, please click back to 'A' to follow the plot!)



'APPROACHING ZERO' Part 23 - '…weapons;'



...weapons; there was a reason for subterfuge and not all on a ‘need to know’ basis.

She stepped neatly onto the train, weaving her way along the narrow corridor until she found an unoccupied compartment and seated herself as a shrill whistle announced the departure.

Once underway, she fumbled in her bag and withdrew Jack’s passport and her own.  Realising she was at the point of no return, she tossed them out the window.

Then, reaching into her stocking-top, she retrieved a similar document.  The forged exit papers were good but, she wondered, did she really look like a ‘Xaviera’?


…..to be continued!

9 comments:

  1. XAVIERA HOLLANDER! I knew it! She's really the Happy Hooker!!!!

    Kidding!!!!!! This is really, really good Sue and I'm not blowing smoke up yer butt - it is thoroughly engrossing and I can't wait to find out what happens to our Xaviera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy - thanks for the rapturous responses! ;-)

      I'm just going to tighten the screw a teensy bit more.....
      ;-p

      Delete
  2. I am betting she could pull off Xaviera pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see, Chuck. Time is certainly running out.....!

      Delete
  3. I actually gasped when she threw away the passports. You really know how to ramp up the suspense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, kindly, Ma'am! A wee bit more 'ramping-up' to go yet....

      Delete
  4. what a neat idea for the challenge. I will have to go back and read from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have similar situations in my books. Trying to pass yourself off as someone else can be stressful and suspenseful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm worried they are not going to believe she is Xaviera... soo exciting

    *~ MAJK ~*
    Twitter @Safireblade
    A to Z Blog Challenge

    ReplyDelete