Wednesday, 25 April 2012

APRIL A-Z 2012 'Approaching Zero' - "...villa"




For APRIL A-Z 2012, I decided on a single theme. In fact, it's a single story, broken into 26 bite-sized chunks of precisely 100 words. Each day's instalment begins using a word starting with the current letter of the alphabet and ends with a word commencing with the letter for the following day.

I hope you like it enough to look in each day and follow the story.....!
(new readers, please click back to 'A' to follow the plot!)



'APPROACHING ZERO' Part 22 - '…villa.'


…villa. She turned in at the station and searched the timetables. There was barely time to purchase a ticket from the booth but soon she was making her way anxiously through the inbound crowds, down the steps to the platform.

The heavy weight in her bag was her back-up plan; the pistol she’d taken from Jack’s body rattled against the snub-nosed firearm she’d been issued in London. Being a crack shot, if she had to use one she’d already decided his Ballestar-Molina was a sturdier option.

Like a few other details, Jack had been ignorant of her skill with weapons….


…..to be continued!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.
    I've just joined your site - I love your story. AND I am going to have to come back to the Knitting Assassin too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Deb! Will look out for you at TKA - bring your needles! ;-p

      Delete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my a - z. Love your approach - unique and creative. Great story too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie! This has certainly been an 'interesting' challenge!

      Delete
  3. SO now she's packin' two pistols AND she's a crack shot...wow, I like her even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about men like you!

      But, you'll just have to wait and see if and when she uses those firearms ....!

      Delete
  4. I love the story, powerful, driving stuff! I was going to do a serialised story but it was too hard to plan, I admire your organisation. I'll be back...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did take a bit of organising, but I'm pleased with how it's turned out so far! Thanks for looking in - hope you enjoy the rest of it! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Again you have me wanting to pull out what little hair I have. You have me hooked, my only question, will you be able to wrap the story by Z?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well there's W,X and Y before we get to Z! I guess you'll just have to wait and see! ;-)

      (but thanks for returning!)

      Delete
  6. Jeez, Sue, your organization skills put me to shame. How are you doing this? I imagine you wrote the whole thing and then broke it up into parts? But precisely 100 words?? I am all amazement.

    Haven't read them all so I'm kind of at loose ends. I think maybe I'll go back to the beginning and begin again. Terrific stuff, by the way. And such an inventive way to work out the month's A to Z assignment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Him Yvette - I wrote the original story a bit at a time and then fine tunes it to 100-word instalment. Trickiest bit was the alphabetic start and finish of each piece!

      I had to get it all done and dusted before the challenge started - it would have been impossible to have done it on the hoof, one day at a time!

      Hope you like it enough to stick with it to the end - by popular demand, I shall be re-posting the story as a whole, after the challenge! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Awesome blog---I'm so glad you stopped by mine--I usually visit everyone that visits me...at least once.

    But I'll certainly be back here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking in, Kathleen. I hope the storyline keeps you rivetted! ;-)

      Delete
  8. HA! Men are never fully aware of our limitless abilities!

    ReplyDelete