Friday, 20 April 2012

APRIL A-Z 2012 'Approaching Zero' - "...run!"




For APRIL A-Z 2012, I decided on a single theme. In fact, it's a single story, broken into 26 bite-sized chunks of precisely 100 words. Each day's instalment begins using a word starting with the current letter of the alphabet and ends with a word commencing with the letter for the following day.

I hope you like it enough to look in each day and follow the story.....!
(new readers, please click back to 'A' to follow the plot!)



'APPROACHING ZERO' Part 18 - '…run!'


run. Evie’s mind swirled with momentary indecision. Their mission so far had been to locate these people but now things had taken a sinister twist. Jack’s death had taken her by surprise but more unnerving was the fact that her final training now began to make more sense.

She picked up his wallet and flicked through the contents, withdrawing the travel documents. Her cover was that she was Jack’s wife, travelling to meet him in Panama and journeying onwards to Caracas.

Now that was all changed. She needed to stay and see things though.

It was a plan - of sorts…


…..to be continued!

6 comments:

  1. I will have to check out the previous posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had more time to catch up, but I was distracted by your knitting blog...must go check it out some more, as I'm a yarn enthusiast myself. The plan is to come back and check out this story when I have more time...wish I'd found it at the beginning of the Challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is she going to do now??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very cool theme you have chosen! I will definitely go back and start with A!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is still gripping! I quite like reading every few days to get more of the story. Shame Jack died though ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, all, for your comments! I'm pleased you are enjoying it! ;-)

    I wonder what the next twist will be....?
    ;-p

    ReplyDelete