Thursday, 19 April 2012

APRIL A-Z 2012 'Approaching Zero' - "...question!"




For APRIL A-Z 2012, I decided on a single theme. In fact, it's a single story, broken into 26 bite-sized chunks of precisely 100 words. Each day's instalment begins using a word starting with the current letter of the alphabet and ends with a word commencing with the letter for the following day.

I hope you like it enough to look in each day and follow the story.....!
(new readers, please click back to 'A' to follow the plot!)



'APPROACHING ZERO' Part 17 - '…question!'


….question!” With a soft, long sigh his jaw relaxed and blood coursed from the corner of his mouth, a crimson snake following the contours of his chin.

“Jack!” Evie screamed, horror masking her need to remain concealed. She grasped the lapels of his jacket in her clenched fists and shook his inanimate body as if to elicit a response.

Eventually she sank back despairingly onto her haunches. She’d met him three days earlier and trusted him with her life, yet she knew nothing more than her briefing from London. Now he was dead; she was alone and on the run….


…..to be continued!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I was expecting him to die, but hoping he wouldn't. =O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Evie has an ever tougher fight or flight ahead of her.

    Like the way you out her in peril.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late to the party, but I'm so glad I came. It's a gripping story, to be sure. I'm sorry for poor Jack though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's DEAD? Really? Doesn't she know CPR? Crap!!!!
    Well, way to go, Sue... now I have to wait.. geez.. really? He's dead?
    *whining here*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to start from the beginning.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the crimson trail down the chin. Bad sign for the fella.

    Even worse for Evie since this leaves her alone and on the run. Not good at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Jack and poor Evie! My grandparents were Jack and Eve, so I'm hoping Evie will be strong enough to pull through this! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wha! Now what's she going to do?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I wish I had found your blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She has the evidence. But the evidence of what?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still loving my daily installment of this- can't wait to read it all in one go at the end. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eve and Jack, and what will she do next?

    ReplyDelete