Friday, 13 April 2012

APRIL A-Z 2012 'Approaching Zero' - "...life"



For APRIL A-Z 2012, I decided on a single theme. In fact, it's a single story, broken into 26 bite-sized chunks of precisely 100 words. Each day's instalment begins using a word starting with the current letter of the alphabet and ends with a word commencing with the letter for the following day.

I hope you like it enough to look in each day and follow the story.....!
(new readers, please click back to 'A' to follow the plot!)


'APPROACHING ZERO' Part 12 - '...life'


…life. He coughed; it was still not a pleasant sound but far better, she thought, than an ominous silence. She peeled back his blood-soaked shirt and fished out the sodden handkerchief.

Her instinct was to toss it away but she remembered her training and the necessity to leave no clues. She laid it aside and eased the balled up blouse into its place. Jack wheezed his thanks and relaxed, his gaze settling on her open jacket.

“Better do that up,” he hissed. “Don’t want you taken for a loose woman!”

That would be the least of her worries, he mused…


…..to be continued!

12 comments:

  1. And the next worry will be...
    This is good. I'm still reading...
    "Mused"... thoughtfully used word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh, there'll be plenty to worry about, believe me! ;-p

      Delete
  2. Ooh, even just this little snippet is so intriguing. Very clever beginning and ending w/ the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interested to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He can't be very badly wounded with those thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that's a tough challenge. that would surely drive me nuts!

    thanks for your kind words on my blog. I will be back.

    Mimi Torchia Boothby Watercolors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your approach to the A to Z is a clever one. Nice short posts that are easy to read and intrigue to draw in the reader. You are doing well with this.

    Lee
    A Faraway View
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arlee is so right. I am so enjoying your segments. It will keep many readers coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really enjoying this and since I missed reading yesterdays post I had two to read. That's not good, since now I am hanging on til Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! That you are, Chuck! Although, as my posts are scheduled to kick-in at 00.01am UK time, you should be able to get it Sunday evening - given your location! ;-)

      Delete