Thursday, 12 April 2012

APRIL A-Z 2012 'Approaching Zero' - "...kneeling"




For APRIL A-Z 2012, I decided on a single theme. In fact, it's a single story, broken into 26 bite-sized chunks of precisely 100 words. Each day's instalment begins using a word starting with the current letter of the alphabet and ends with a word commencing with the letter for the following day.

I hope you like it enough to look in each day and follow the story.....!
(new readers, please click back to 'A' to follow the plot!)



'APPROACHING ZERO' Part 11 - '...kneeling'



…kneeling with her back to him.

“A gentleman would turn his gaze,” she said, lightly, as she struggled out of her blouse. The absurd propriety of the situation made her smile.

He didn’t answer but the rasping breaths from behind snatched the smile from her lips. She pulled her jacket back on and bundled up the discarded garment and turned back to face him.

His eyes were dull and lifeless in response.

“Jack? Look at me?” Grasping his jaw she turned his face sharply towards her. “Don’t you dare die on me!” She slapped his face, stirring him into life….



…..to be continued!

16 comments:

  1. That's so neat - I love that theme. And I like the name of your blog. Thanks for coming by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack better not bite it before the end of this story. I want to know what his deal is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the idea, looking forward to the next segment! Blessings, Amanda
    Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
    Art Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a shock. I was expecting something else and here he was dying...

    Just love the pics you have with the stories as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really interesting idea for the challenge. I saw your comment on another blog and was impressed.
    Rhia from Five Minute Piece for Inspiration (around # 793 on A to Z list)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Rhia! Hope you get to read more of the story!

    (I plan to work through all the blogs on the hop - but it will take months! However - I always pop over to return the favour of commenters here, so that gets you up my list a little quicker! :-p)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched North by Northwest this afternoon and your story has something of the same atmosphere. Loving the photographs.
    thanks for sharing
    martine

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a novel idea... pardon my pun. Getting interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by - hope you're able to catch the rest of the story, lot's more twists and turns in store! ;-)

      Delete
  9. I'm feeling like I'm watching this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna - I take this very much as a compliment! :-) Thank you!

      Delete
  10. Gosh had to come back today to find out what happened. Thank god he still lives ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gripping installment. Really enjoying this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang it! I'd better go back and find out what started this all!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWESOME idea!!! I'm so glad you swung 'round my blog so I could find you! Happy A to Z, and I'm a new follower...

    ReplyDelete