Tuesday, 10 April 2012

APRIL A-Z 2012 'Approaching Zero' - "...imagine?"




For APRIL A-Z 2012, I decided on a single theme. In fact, it's a single story, broken into 26 bite-sized chunks of precisely 100 words. Each day's instalment begins using a word starting with the current letter of the alphabet and ends with a word commencing with the letter for the following day.

I hope you like it enough to look in each day and follow the story.....!
(new readers, please click back to 'A' to follow the plot!)



'APPROACHING ZERO' Part 9 - '...imagine'


“…. imagine?”

Back in London, when she’d volunteered her services, she had only been privy to certain elements of the plan, ‘...to prevent you from giving away information, in case you’re captured...'. Her instructor’s words echoed in her head; she had been too caught up in the excitement to give much thought to that possible outcome. The ‘romance’ of SOE had lulled her into a state of over-reaching commitment to the war effort, at whatever cost.

There was an all-knowing air about this man, this stranger, she’d known only a few days. Evie eyed him suspiciously.

“Who are you, Jack?”


…..to be continued!

14 comments:

  1. Somehow I knew this had to be a war story...it just felt that way. So far so good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I've seen movies like this. Good scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, obviously there are secrets and I can't wait to find out what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Jack. 'Fess up.

    I don't like where this is going. I mean, I do, it's just, to quote Obi Wan, "I've got a bad feeling about this."

    ReplyDelete
  5. UH-OH!!! I have a feeling this is NOT going to be good; at least in my imagination....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still following! Love this idea for a cohesive theme. Very clever and good writing. Nice complete excerpts with a good ending making you want to have the next sentence now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your story is really coming along. Good work.

    *~ MAJK ~*
    Twitter @Safireblade
    A to Z Blog Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I am wondering if they are in London or in Paris where they are trying to elude the Nazis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .....you'll find out where they are tomorrow! ;-)

      Delete
  9. You sure know how to put the S in suspense and keep people coming back for more, just like a soap opera. This is dangerous! I should have known that there was something addictive in store for me to read, as soon as I read the title of your blog.

    ~Nicole
    Blog: The Madlab Post
    @MadlabPost on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool...so how much will Jack divulge?? Hmmmm...I'll be back tomorrow :)

    Cheers, Jenn.
    http://www.wine-n-chat.com

    ReplyDelete