Monday, 9 April 2012

APRIL A-Z 2012 'Approaching Zero' - "...hope"



For APRIL A-Z 2012, I decided on a single theme. In fact, it's a single story, broken into 26 bite-sized chunks of precisely 100 words. Each day's instalment begins using a word starting with the current letter of the alphabet and ends with a word commencing with the letter for the following day.

I hope you like it enough to look in each day and follow the story.....!
(new readers, please click back to 'A' to follow the plot!)



'APPROACHING ZERO' Part 8 - '...hope'


…hope; beyond that, Evie could scarcely think. At the end of the alley they came to a halt and Jack lifted his gaze momentarily, muttering to her to turn right; a small dark passageway suggested shelter.

Easing him to the floor, Evie rested back on her haunches. She was tired, physically and mentally and glad of the brief respite, but curious how Jack seemed to know exactly where they were. How much of the plan had been concealed from her?

Jack’s words whispered across the still air, with their accompanying rhythm of gasping breaths.

“You didn’t expect this, I imagine?”



…..to be continued!

11 comments:

  1. Each one of these is a little piece of the puzzle, yet each ends in a perfect cliff hanger. I'm so hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't expect this as you'd imagine... keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course she didn't expect this...gah! please Jack, don't die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so clever. I am loving it. And even if I miss a couple it is so quick and easy to go back and catch up. Excellent, excellent idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments, you guys! Having problems leaving individual replies via smart-phone, but will be back on laptop tomorrow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to re-read the I post again as I started from the top of my reader list. Looks like I need to change tactics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder what is down that alley besides shelter??? (I'm catching up-- I wasn't online yesterday!)

    Cheers, Jenn
    http://www.wine-n-chat.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm Oh he knows more than he is letting on!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's like those old-fashioned movie serials... just a quick, sweet bite. Loving it, Sue.

    ReplyDelete