Friday, 6 April 2012

APRIL A-Z 2012 'Approaching Zero' - "....fooled."



For APRIL A-Z 2012, I decided on a single theme. In fact, it's a single story, broken into 26 bite-sized chunks of precisely 100 words. Each day's instalment begins using a word starting with the current letter of the alphabet and ends with a word commencing with the letter for the following day.
I hope you like it enough to look in each day and follow the story.....!
(new readers, please click back to 'A' to follow the plot!)



'APPROACHING ZERO' Part 6 - '...fooled'


“….fooled.”

“What d’you mean, ‘fooled’? Jack , what went wrong? What happened?” She squatted down and peered into his face, then realised her questions were useless as his chin rocked forwards onto his chest. Scrabbling in her bag she found a handkerchief and tried to staunch the bleeding that spread across the whiteness of his shirt.

The bullet had done untold damage, more than could be remedied in the dark alleyway. He needed a doctor but she was in no position to get him to a hospital. Even if she could get him there, how would she explain a gunshot?.....



…..to be continued!

17 comments:

  1. Hard to explain the gunshot wound but at least I guessed he was shot, early on in the story so 2 points for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .... But WHO shot him? Thanks for checking in again, though! :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Glad you're enjoying it, Jessica. The tension is set to ratchet up at least another couple of notches! :-o

      Delete
  3. Oh no!! She can't just leave him there-- or can she? I'm wanting to read G already!! LOL. Great post :)

    Cheers, Jenn
    http://www.wine-n-chat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn - all will be revealed......soon enough!

      Delete
  4. This is great! I will definitely be back to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda - thank you for calling by! Glad you are enjoying it so far - there are more twists and turns to come so I hope you are able catch the whole story! :-)

      Delete
  5. I had a little panic - I couldn't find your blog and I wanted to read the next instalment! I am going to put you on the front of my blog so I can find you again. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire - don't panic! But I'm glad you're interested enough to know what happens next!
      Of course, I can't give anything away, but.......

      You'll just have to 'tune in' tomorrow!
      ;-p

      Delete
  6. Is she going to take the bullet out herself or wake up the vet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! The vet - now there's an idea....

      No - I'm not doing re-writes at this late stage! :-p

      Thanks for dropping by, Yvonne!

      Delete
  7. Well, I've jumped in the middle of something! Extremely in the middle. Now I have to go back and read the others. And are you doing to use the word "gunshot" again? Maybe "Golly, gee! What am I going to do now?" Yeah, that would work. Ok. Gotta go read ABCDEF...glad I checked in before Z!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok! Read 'em! Now I get it...you DO start with gunshot! Read you tomorrow! Great theme/strategy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna - gotcha! ;-p
      Hope you'll be back to read what happens next!
      Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  9. There's a game that I play with my kids that is similar to this. Great way to get us to come back....brilliantly done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And the plot thickens... I hope you don't kill him off... he's kind of a hunk, I can tell...

    ReplyDelete