Thursday, 5 April 2012

APRIL A-Z 2012 'Approaching Zero' - "...Evie"



For APRIL A-Z 2012, I decided on a single theme. In fact, it's a single story, broken into 26 bite-sized chunks of precisely 100 words. Each day's instalment begins using a word starting with the current letter of the alphabet and ends with a word commencing with the letter for the following day.
I hope you like it enough to look in each day and follow the story.....!
(new readers, please click back to 'A' to follow the plot!)




'APPROACHING ZERO' Part 5 - '...Evie'

“…Evie, but I guess that won’t cut it as an apology, right?” He smiled through his stertorous breathing, giving in to a cough that made him wince in agony.

She glanced down and saw the reddening shadow had grown, accompanied by droplets of vermilion on his shoes. As she peeled back his jacket the gasp that conveyed her fear was evident.

“Jack! What the hell have you done? How….”

He pushed her hand away, trying to straighten his stance against the wall but his legs refused to accommodate his wishes and he sagged down to his haunches.

“We’ve been fooled...


…..to be continued!

19 comments:

  1. This will be a tortuous month reading this...just as I get going, it stops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to build tension and the details are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea to break down a story and post as the Challenge goes along. Nicely done!

    Stephen Tremp
    Co-host A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's right. This is going to be a torturous month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I certainly jumped into this story at a riveting point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure I can hold my breath this long:-)
    great story
    much love
    martine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great A-Z concept! The suspense is going to drive me crazy before we get to Z. Wish I'd thought of something this cool.

    Stopping by as one of the 2012 A-Z Blogging Challenge participants :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Stick with it and you'll find out! :-o

      Delete
  9. Do you sit up at night writing the next Episode or is it all done already? I have a plan for my A-Z but only in notes.
    http://lizy-expat-writer.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizy - it's all written and neatly sliced and diced and ready to go.....

      Gosh, I wrote it and even I'm excited about each new post!

      (it's like watching people open their presents on Christmas morning - will they like it?.....will they hate it?)

      Delete
  10. Okay--that captured my attention. Now I need to go back and read the other posts :)

    Well Done!!

    Cheers, Jenn
    http://www.wine-n-chat.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. Really creative blog and what a super idea. I'll be back. Following now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah HA, Jack is your 'J' word right?! And the plot thickens...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving this. Such a great idea and so great to have just short pieces to read. Well done and I had to look 'stertorous' up LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab cliffhanger. Can't wait for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant idea! Last year I wrote 100 words per post as Alliterative Drabbles, but your unfolding of the story this way is delightfully suspenseful.

    Sue: An A-Z of Climate Matters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue! Glad you called in! I remember we 'met' last year! You won't have long to wait for the next part of the story - it goes 'live' at 0.01 UK time! :-)

      Delete
  16. HA! BLOOD! Knew it! He's gonna have a heckuva time getting that stain out...
    LOVING THIS SUE!
    SO good!

    ReplyDelete