Wednesday, 4 April 2012

APRIL A-Z 2012 'Approaching Zero' - "...danced"





For APRIL A-Z 2012, I decided on a single theme. In fact, it's a single story, broken into 26 bite-sized chunks of precisely 100 words. Each day's instalment begins using a word starting with the current letter of the alphabet and ends with a word commencing with the letter for the following day.
I hope you like it enough to look in each day and follow the story.....!
(new readers, please click back to 'A' to follow the plot!)



'APPROACHING ZERO' Part 4 - '...danced'


…danced her way past advertising hoardings and street vendors, looking for a safe exit. Presently the crush eased and she reached back blindly, grasping his hand and taking the lead as they made their way towards the gate. Once in the daylight they stumbled along the crowded pavements until he dodged left into a side street, pulling her after him.

In the dim sanctuary he rested back against the wall, breathing hard from his exertion.
“A simple apology will do, “she commented jokingly, fear and adrenaline augmenting the panic that was already evident in her thumping heart.
“I’m sorry, Evie...


...to be continued!

21 comments:

  1. I didn't realize I missed yesterday's post, and thought Oh No! something's missing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing he is injured in some way...all seems very clandestine. More please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like where this is going. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Oh I sense bad news!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story. Now I'll have to come back. :)

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very cool concept.
    I'll have to keep reading all month!

    Tim
    The Freedom of Nonbelief

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever idea. Will have to go back and read the ones I've missed.

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also figure that he is injured. The tension in this is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes i too will go back and read---very interesting post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting take on the challenge. Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I imagine that what he's going to apologize for isn't what she wants him to apologize for.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice! Glad I found your blog/story, and I'll do my best to be back every day to follow it. Love the voice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great fun, Sue...revealing a little piece each day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great way to approach the A-Z Challenge. I love this. I shall have to come back every day to find out what happens. Better follow you too ... hmmm very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a torturous wait!!! The suspense is killing me. Her name is Evie, but what is his? Is she his husband, lover, friend? So many questions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your idea of a snippet fest. Waving to you from the 600's on the A to Z. Great blog title.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm going to have to go back and reread the whole story when the challenge is done. Very cool so far.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such fun. Totally loving it

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay-- must say--well done. I love that you're doing this in under a hundred words a post--and I really love the old photos at the top!! I'll be back tomorrow (I've already read E). Now following you :)

    Cheers, Jenn
    http://www.wine-n-chat.com

    ReplyDelete