Monday, 2 April 2012

APRIL A-Z 2012 'Approaching Zero' - "...but"




For APRIL A-Z 2012, I decided on a single theme. In fact, it's a single story, broken into 26 bite-sized chunks of precisely 100 words. Each day's instalment begins using a word starting with the current letter of the alphabet and ends with a word commencing with the letter for the following day.

I hope you like it enough to look in each day and follow the story.....!
(new readers, please click back to 'A' to follow the plot!)



'APPROACHING ZERO' Part 2 - '...but'


….but she could see from his gait that he walked with a limp. Even through the crowds that swirled between them, passing in a blur, her eyes locked on his. Silent questions demanded answers as he closed the distance between them, dodging awkwardly around luggage dragged along behind weary and confused travellers.
Her lips opened, forming words that would see her curiosity satisfied but his stern look silenced her.
“Not here!” he hissed, his eyes flicking across the myriad faces as he grasped her arm, propelling her through the crowd in front of them. Fear rose in her throat, choking...


....to be continued!

23 comments:

  1. OK...I'm hooked. Nothing like a mystery to get my attention. There is something quite reptilian about 'him'.

    Great idea for a theme. Can't wait for B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Just two letters in and 100 words seems to not be enough. This will be quite the month here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I'm glad I got to read the first two parts. I'll be sticking your blog address in my sidebar so I can keep an eye on the story as it develops.

    A-Z @ Elizabeth Twist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just 200 words and I'm already hooked.

    I can't imagine not getting to the conclusion for a month, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read it all NOW! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you written the whole story already or is it work in progress? Looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all pre-scheduled - took some tricky word-juggling to keep the flow and follow the alphabetic connection - but that was March's activity! Leaves April free for blog-hopping! ;-)

      Delete
  7. YOu really went all out with your theme. I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. By my calculations, by the end of the month you'll have a 2600 word story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! That's about the size of it!
      (I might re-work it into something longer at a later stage......!)

      Delete
  9. Nice! again I can't wait for tomorrows installment

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice one- may have to come back at end - read it all in one go - so many blogs to read:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great approach to the challenge! Nice to meet you ... I'm a follower now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great theme for the A-Z! the story sounds promising!

    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool idea for the challenge. I can identify with the weary travelers. :)

    Also, I can't quite manage to follow you back with the cell phone but will do so when I get home from my trip and am on my computer again. Ha! I did manage to follow your Twitter account though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the way you've set up your Challenge posts! Short, but full of suspense. :)


    The Golden Eagle
    The Eagle's Aerial Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the creativity of your theme. I can't wait to see how this story develops!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the theme. Went back to A and read B. Looking forward to coming back to hear the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOOOOOO something's a brewin'!!!!! Love This!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I'm really loving this idea you have here-- Intrigue!!

    Cheers, Jenn
    http://www.wine-n-chat.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sue, I'm finally getting back to following your story... I know I've been remiss but wanted to save up a few in a row first...

    "Not here"... but where, Sue, where??? Off to the Cs...

    ReplyDelete