Thursday, 15 December 2011

The List!




Gearing up for the 2012 'Off The Shelf' reading challenge, I've now come up with the 30 books I'd like to read next year.

In no particular order (certainly, as I finish one there will be a brief pause before I select the next!) they are, predictably, mostly crime/thrillers, but a few 'wild-cards' have crept in, too!

Frank Peretti - Monster
Linwood Barclay - No Time For Goodbye
R.J. Ellory - City of Lies
Gill McNeil - Needles & Pearls
Frederick Forsyth - The Afghan
Agatha Christie - Peril At End House
Agathe Christie - Cards On The Table
Jack Higgins - Day Of Judgement
Jack Higgins - Dark Justice
Jack Higgins - The Thousand Faces Of Night
Alan Titchmarsh - Mr McGregor's Garden
Ben Brown - Sand Stealers
Alex Brennan - The Ghost Agent
Simon Kernick - A Good Day To Die
Kyle Mills - Burn Factor
Alex Scarrow - Last Light
Peter James - Dead Mans Grip
Peter James - Not Dead Enough
Mark Billingham - Bloodline
Mark Billingham - In The Dark
Ted Dekker - Bone Man's Daughter
Lee Child - Bad Luck And Trouble
Steve Alten - The Mayan Prophecy
Scott Marian - Lost Relic
Adrian Magson - No Kiss For The Devil
Steve Hamilton - A Cold Day In Paradise
Steve Hamilton - Winter Of The Wolf Moon
Jeff Abbot - Panic
Michael Connelly - The Black Echo
Michael Connelly - The Black Ice

So there you have it - I'll try and do reviews as I go, wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of books, and looks like some corkers too. I might have to snaffle some of those...

    ReplyDelete
  2. An ambitious list, Sue. :)

    I've read the Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Agatha Christie and Steve Hamilton books. So I can guarantee some good reading. :)

    2012 is going to be a fabulous reading year.

    Happy New Year to you and your family, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "No Time for Goodbye" is a real page-turner but the ending made me wish I hadn't bothered. If "In the Dark" is the one with the much-vaunted breathtaking twist I'd love someone to explain it because I must have missed it!

    ReplyDelete