Monday, 31 October 2011

All Singing - and sometimes all dancing, too!


Those of you who have dropped by my blog before may know that I'm a keen fan of 'live' performance, especially West End musicals!

On Saturday evening, OH, daughter and I spent 'A Night With The Phantom' at Birmingham Symphony Hall listening to the wonderful Ramin Karimloo in an almost one-man show of musical theatre.

(It was Miss H's first big night out for many weeks after her recent 'incapacitation' so she was well chuffed!)

We've seen this amazing artiste in several London shows, including Miss Saigon, The Phantom of the Opera and it's sequel, Love Never Dies, in which he created the role of the Phantom.



After this very short tour (just four performances!) Ramin's back at work, rehearsing for Les Mis when he will return to the cast in the lead role of Jean Valjean, in November. (so guess who's already raiding the piggy bank for tickets......!)

Other goodies on the theatrical horizon include this:



Can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about musicals. I think my view on musicals has been permanently altered from 8 years worth of dance recitals.

    Still, I'm willing to test the waters again by watching one on television.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually have some sort of show about the Beatles coming to Columbia, South Carolina soon. Tried to get tickets but its already sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post! Love visiting your blog!

    Lola x
    http://lola-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the musicals sometimes. Depending on which. My favourite Le Mis. Just love the depressing music. Lately I've been stuck on depressing music. Currently listening to Ed Sheeran...and crying. (No, not really.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue .. so pleased Miss H is back up and running again - or at least feeling well enough for a night out - that's very good news .. Les Mis - I loved ... with thoughts - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete