Monday, 29 August 2011

Sun, Sea, Sand, Skates and .....Seth!





Just got back from a lovely time on the south coast - visiting family, taking in a spectacular ice show (imagine a grand piano on an ice rink and the guy skating around it does leaps and backflips and then manages to slide over and play a virtuoso piece as part of his 'routine'!) and the big treat of the day was an open-air Seth Lakeman concert on the sea-front!

Well, I can't find a clip of the ice spectacular, but here's Mr Lakeman performing a 'signature' piece - 'Kitty Jay'. How he manages to play a fiddle and sing at the same time amazes me!

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. SEEETTTTHHHHH!!!!

    Thankyou for accompanying me :) And for a grand ole time at the sea-side :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! That boy can really play a fiddle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time, Sue. And I agree with Beach, Seth can certainly play.....and sing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now know it's impossible to NOT tap your foot/feet while listening to or playing a fiddle. That boy reminds me of one Charlie Daniels on this side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue .. that sounds an amazing ice show .. I'd love to see that. I must have a look at this guy Seth - seems he has amazing talent .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue .. I see the clip on his site - is of him playing at The Minnack Theatre .. used to be our local .. every year since the year dot .. before it was cut out we sat on the turfy rocks amongst the sea pinks .. amazing theatre.

    I hope everyone gets to look at the clip on his site ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete