Tuesday, 9 August 2011

The August Break 2011 - Day 9


I missed 'Day #8' - because quite frankly I was horrified by the images on UK television of feral youths on the rampage in our cities.

Today, hubby and I celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary and had a trip out to the Imperial War Museum, Duxford. Poignantly, I offer today's picture of a WW2 'Spitfire' from the Battle of Britain. In Winston Churchill's words: 'Never was so much owed by so many, to so few'.

Clearly, with the on-going unrest we're watching in horrified fascination on our TV screens, today is a bitter legacy for those brave airmen (some of them younger than the thugs rampaging London's boroughs!).

Other words fail me.



2 comments:

  1. It's terrible what's happening, Sue. I feel for you and other friends I have in England. Hopefully this unrest will soon end.

    In the meantime, have a great Anniversary, inspite of the news.

    And take good care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue .. congratulations on your 31 years - lovely to be able to go somewhere special.

    I loved the photos of your relatives spanning back many years .. so interesting to find out about ..

    Cheers - Hilary

    ReplyDelete