Monday, 1 August 2011

The August Break 2011 - Day 1




So, first time I've done this - I understand I have to produce a picture per day. Well, I had some interesting pictures from my DIY activities redecorating earlier,but I don't think you all want to watch paint drying, do you?

Instead - I chose one of the lilies in my garden (see above).

I've never grown them from bulb before but I bought six and gave them a go. Funny thing is, four of them grew tall and graceful, and two were puny little runts, size-wise - however, they have all produced beautiful and differently coloured flowers. The tall ones kept toppling over in their pots, so the other day I stood them in amongst other plantings and they look great, don't you think!


See who else is participting here

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these - photos of gardens and flowers are good for my soul. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful garden; our bulb always meet an unkind fate with squirrels!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue I look forward to seeing your pictures every day this month. I would love to participate but I wouldn't want to use any of my old stuff and I don't have the time work-wise to get out and take new stuff. I will live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lighting on the first photo is lovely. Kind of a blue tone. The rest of the garden looks great, too
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful garden nook. :) I love this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely little oasis. I want to sit down at that table with a nice cup of tea :)

    ReplyDelete