Saturday, 2 April 2011

B is for.....Billingham

I like ‘police procedural’ fiction and one of my favourite authors is Mark Billingham.
Although he has written several ‘stand alone’ novels he has a series centred on Detective Inspector Tom Thorne.

A stubborn sort of character, who doesn’t always get it right first time and tends to thumb his nose at his superiors, Thorne is based in the Metropolitan Police Murder squad. Through the series of novels it is clear that the impacts of crime leave their mark not only on the victims but also the investigators – Thorne carries his fair share of scars.

Recently, the first two books in the series – ‘Sleepyhead’ and ‘Scaredy Cat’ have been televised – here’s a clip from the first one:



http://www.markbillingham.com

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/mark-billingham/

6 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for the introductions to the authors. I'll remember this when and if the tv comes to Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you've given me more. These are my favorite mystery-type novels, too. It must tap some analytical part of my mind that I was never aware of having.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about reading some mystery novels, thanks for the name of a good author!
    I'm now following on GFC and I hope you have a chance to check out my blog!
    Monica
    http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good shout, Sue.

    Billingham's in my top three crime writers, and the TV adaptations were great viewing too.

    Regards,
    Col

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the links. I enjoy mystery novels and crime TV shows. Billingham is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting the link, Sue. This id the first clip of Thorne on TV that I've ever seen. As good an actor as David Morrissey is, he'll NEVER be Thorne, IMHO.

    kevindj from the BTZ.

    ReplyDelete