Saturday, 19 February 2011

Stylish Blogger Award




Well, blow me down with a feather! I've just been presented with a 'Stylish Blogger' award!

Of course I'm grateful to receive it but a bit bemused because I don't consider myself 'stylish'! Anyway thankyou Yvette, for your kind words!

Now, as I understand it, I am to pass this award onto three other 'stylish' bloggers! As far as I'm concerned, if 'sylish' was meant to portray artistic beauty then I would have awarded this honour to Yvette herself, if she hadn't been the very one to bestow this upon me in the first place - her blog is a wondrous compendium of colour and design.

I am choosing to interpret 'style' in different guises, though!

First, I'm nominating my daughter, Rachel (yes, I know, nepotism.....!) but her blog is always full of interesting and eclectic ideas and issues - and she throws it all together with such panache, how could I not! (interesting contradiction, the titles of our blogs!)

Second, I'm nominating fellow would-be-published author, David Barber. His blog is a source of inspiration not only for all matters literary (a frequent place to find about writing challenges!)and a great 'signposter' to other writers and blogs but also for the beautiful pictures he regularly posts, usually of his local environs or something that has captured his imagination. Plus, of course, his humour and wit!

Third, I'm nominating Lily Childs for her Feardom! This is one lady who slickly puts together some choice cuts of fiction! Her overwhelming enthusiasm for encouraging new (and old!) writers with her regular challenges is exemplary. Even if her 'dark' side of fiction isn't your cup of tea you can't knock her sheer joy of the written word!

So, as far as I'm concerned panache, inspiration and enthusiasm seem to equate a certain sense of style. Please, dear reader(s) do take time to visit each and all of these blogs when you have a spare minute!

Now, if only I could have made more than three awards.......

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Mrs Sue! I really appreciate the award. Humble, humble, humble... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Sue. The award is well-deserved. I'm just now realizing that GO PLACIDLY is your daughter Rachel's blog. Either I never knew it or I forgot I knew it. Either/or. I'm just putting the titles together - HA!

    I've been a follower of Go Placidly. I like the mellow tone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue - I'm honoured! Thank you, young lady!! I try my best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou so much, Marmee! I think your award is well-deserved, I love your blog (even if I fear for your story-inspiration sometmes ;) Keep it up! xxx

    ReplyDelete