Saturday, 8 January 2011

Go See!


Yesterday, I went to see 'The King's Speech', starring Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush and Helena Bonham Carter. I expected it to be good - what I didn't expect was that is would be quite so magnificent! If Firth and Rush don't get Oscars then there's no justice!




The beautiful portrayal of a man coming to terms not only with a debilitating speech impediment but also the weight of a kingdom being thrust onto his shoulders was truly amazing - Colin Firth worked so hard to make the stammer appear natural, not overdone. Geoffrey Rush's interpretation of the Australian elocution 'expert' who cajoled, prodded and pushed the 'King' into overcoming his fear which manifested itself in his speech impediment was a pure delight of cheekiness as the two men struck up an odd relationship between sovreign and commoner.

It is a visual and emotional triumph! Go see!!

2 comments:

  1. I have an ikkle crush on Colin Firth, he's an amazing actor and I'd love to go see this film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this. Unfortunately I'll probably have to wait for Netflix. But that's okay, I have patience. I've heard nothing but good things about this film. I love Colin Firth. I love Geoffrey Rush. So - double whammy!

    ReplyDelete