Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Deep, and Crisp and Even!


While other parts of the UK are locked in snow, here in the Midlands we are being given a rare glimpse of one of creation's beautiful effects - hoar frost.

I donned suitable apparel and footwear and went off to explore this new wonderland this morning and managed to take some beautiful pics and only fell over once!

This countryside shot is literally five minutes' walk from our house - quite a 'Christmas Card' view, I thought!
Photobucket

Then, a gentle meander along the towpath brought me to the scene of narrowboats locked in the ice on the Oxford canal.

Photobucket


Not bad for a little phone-cam, eh?

5 comments:

  1. Great shots, Sue. I'm working in a "Winter Wonderland" BUT today is too cold to enjoy the place. It's -14!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful.

    Now I'm humming Christmas carols to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful pics. Makes me feel all Christmassy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful, Sue. We get this sort of phenom here in the states, we call it an 'ice storm'. It causes all kinds of havoc. But it is gorgeous to see.

    ReplyDelete