Thursday, 27 May 2010

What a Wonderful Week!


I'm having a blast of a week! (with the exception of having to go to work yesterday, as I couldn't get time off :-( )

Birthday celebrations orchestrated (yes, that's exactly the right word, I think!)by my family included a trip to London for a double-header theatre session: matinee of Phantom of the Opera, followed by an evening performance of the sequel, Love Never Dies!

I've seen Phantom a few times and this was as good as ever, but LND was absolutely breathtaking

We also took time between shows to have a meal at Little Frankie's by Trafalgar Sq., then wandered over to see the latest installation on the spare plinth - see pic. Nelson can still say "I see no ships", as he has his back to the fourth plinth! ;-p
Today is a shopping adventure in IKEA to get things for daughter's new house, then a family meal tonight with OH and BOTH offspring, when the son and heir joins us after work.

And although I did have to go to work yesterday, I treated myself to two new books (well, I don't have very many..... ;-p) - Peter James' 'Not Dead Enough' and 'Dead Man's Footsteps' :-)

......and tomorrow, we begin the decorating.

2 comments:

  1. Er, happy birthday! Many happy returns on your 28th! I'm due to go to Peter's book launch on brighton pier on tuesday night but i can't make it. Do you want my ticket? I'm sure he'll be so busy he won't notice the swap...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would really love to go, but alas I have to work :-( and it's a bit of a trek, too!

    Thankyou for the birthday greetings. Of course I'm 28 :-) (......and the rest!)

    Have had a lovely day involving retail therapy - now just off out for a meal with Mr H, Miss H and Mstr H - sounds like a game of Happy Families, but then for the most part we are! :-)

    ReplyDelete