Monday, 3 May 2010

No Time! No Time!


It never ceases to amaze me that the world spins on it's axis once every 24 hours (give or take the odd nano-second) and yet there are days when it seems to speed up or slow down - how else can I explain the fact that some days I get so much done and on others I seem to be constantly running to stand still.

Someone once told me:

"You can always make time to do the things you want to do..."

I'm not sure I totally agree; something has to 'give' - there's usually a trade off between making sure there's enough food in the fridge (or clean underwear in the airing cupboard!) and sitting down to read that book you can't put down, or write that brilliant idea out of your head and onto the paper (or screen).

But then, this morning I read this (on another blog):


Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
- H. Jackson Brown


It got me to thinking - I have no excuse, just need to find someone else to do the catering and the laundry and then I can crack on and write that bestseller.... ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Well, on one hand, they are a great example that it is all about how you apply your time. On the other hand, each and every one of them all had assistants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...ah! THAT's where I'm going wrong, then!

    ReplyDelete