Thursday, 11 March 2010

Books, books, books....

At the moment, my life seems to be dominated by these bound collections of paper covered in typeface....!

I have, at the last count, 15 books waiting to be read (that's actual, physical copies!!) and at least a dozen more 'yet-to-be-purchased-or-borrowed' titles....

I am surrounded by books at work - and thanks to the strange 'whims' of management, none of we library staff can actually FIND the books we're looking for! It's all very well having various displays - very attractive, some of them! But, when you have a reservation list to fill it's a flippin' pain in the derriere to search the alphabetic shelving runs and then have to troll around the library floor to see if the one you want is on one of the (many) displays!

Then, if it's a non-fiction item you're snookered right and proper - as the normal Dewey Decimal system has been carved up into sections that have been randomely littered about the place without any sense of rhyme, reason or logic!!!


GRRRRR!!!!

....and then there's this 'writin' business! Some days I'm very enthusiastic and struggle to keep up with my brain - other days I think "Why am I putting myself through this...?

I think I need to lie down now.....

1 comment:

  1. lying down is good.
    i usually find i want to write at the most inopportune times. work. middle of the night. while driving. but sit down with a free hour "to write with" and i got nothin...
    ;) am enoying your "manuscript" though...almost done! xx

    ReplyDelete