Wednesday, 17 February 2010

So - Now I know what redundancy looks like!!!

So -now I know what redundancy looks like!

Today I went to have a look at another library (different local authority) where RFID (self-service machines) were in use. Apart from the initial flurry of activity that new technology brings (ie. showing customers how to use it) I predict that the days will drag for staff who either have nothing to do because the customers can 'do' for themselves, or else ( and I think this is more likely!) the customers will vote with their feet.......!

Of course, we mustn't stand in the way of progress - it's just that I don't think this IS progress!! rant....rant....rant.....

Oh well, I suppose it's incentive to get serious abut this writing lark.........ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment