Friday, 29 January 2010

A busy old week - hence it's only now that I'm attempting to add to my blog!

Dramas at the library this week have kept me engrossed! :-o Alas, it's all 'staff-side' so I can't enlighten you, dear reader. However my friend Angela and I are seriously considering the idea of writing a sit-com based on the shennanigans that occur between the shelves. We intend to call it "Off yer trolley!" Watch this space....

But, at last - the weekend approaches! With the house to myself from tomorrow morning I have plans to concentrate on more editing and plenty of time with my feet up reading Dead Simple (Peter James) !

Will also be giving a little thought to the possible 'Crime Evening' in the library we're hoping to run in the near future. We need a snappy title - but someone's already bagged 'The Body in the Library'! ;-p Any other ideas?

We have one well known author who has kindly offered his services, which sort of kick-started the whole thing, and we'll be marking 'body' outlines on the floor, and using crime scene barrier tape, etc. to create the right atmosphere. We might invite a couple of coppers from our local nick to attend, in uniform of course! It could be a good, fun evening - if we can pull it off! (i.e. if 'Management' allow us to do it!)

And talking of things literary - I have managed to book the hound into kennels so OH and I are set fair to trek up to Carlisle in time for Matt Hilton's release of the new Joe Hunter book - 'Slash and Burn' on 1st April. Goody goody!!

Anyway - a few more bits of mundane but necessary chores to attend to and then daughter and I are vegging out for the night with a double-header DVD and a nice meal!

And wine!

2 comments:

  1. How's about 'Booked For their Crimes!'
    or
    'Throw the Book at them!'
    or
    'Reading's No Crime!'

    And for the future keep me in mind for an event. If I can organise things, I'll try and fit something in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Matt - I might hold you to that!!!

    I think Roger Ellory offered because Birmingham is just a stone's throw from Rugby. Still, we need to get it all past 'management' yet!!! (oh joy!)

    ReplyDelete